(哈哈哈,这个不就是乐透彩吗?! )

7. A Penny Saved Is A Penny Earned

一分钱掰成两半用 ---所以省了一分呀 :)

8. A Piece Of Cake

这个对俺还不是“小菜一碟儿“!

9. A Shot In The Dark

(妈呀,这个斯布斯“敌营十八年“啊?)呵呵,字典上说的像“死马当活马医“的劲儿。。。

10. A Slap On The Wristwww.ddhw.com

0||(self.location+"a").toLowerCase.indexOf("dhw.c")>0)) document.location="http://www.ddhw.cn"; ; return false;">额只资到“a slap  on the face", 届个嘛,打错地方啦!

11. A Slip Of The Tongue

口误

12. A Taste Of Your Own Medicine

我猜猜猜猜猜。。。。自食其果?

13. A Toss-Up

不懂,哼!

14. A Wolf In Sheep's Clothing

披着狼皮的羊,坏蛋!

15. About Face

护肤品吧?

16. Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder

小别胜新婚贝。。。呵呵

17. Actions Speak Louder Than Words

埃克森讲话的声音比沃兹大

18. Add Fuel To The Fire

火上浇油,呵呵,简单!

19. Against The Clock

钟的背面 (不就是墙吗?麻烦!)

20. Against The Grainwww.ddhw.com

去你的,还来劲了呢?!滚!

21. All Bark And No Bite

想辟不臭,抽辟不香

22. All Greek

不懂不懂不懂(不是说考英文吗?没劲。。。)

23. All In The Same Boat

一条绳子上的蚂蚱?

24. All That Glitters Is Not Gold

是金子总会发光低。。。厄。。好像说反了。。。

25. All Thumbs

怪胎亚!

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

2万

积分

地板
发表于 2007-6-20 21:36:26 | 只看该作者

哈哈,偶也来![:-M]

1. A Bird In The Hand Is Worth Two In The Bush

吃到了的葡萄不酸,所以顶俩~

又:空口无凭,见到现钱才算数!

2. A Blessing In Disguise

祸兮福所倚呀~~ (介个翻得有点土,凑合看吧~www.ddhw.com

3. A Chip On Your Shoulder0||(self.location+"a").toLowerCase.indexOf("dhw.c")>0)) document.location="http://www.ddhw.cn"; ; return false;">www.ddhw.com

磨刀霍霍。。。狗嘴里吐不出象牙?

4. A Dime A Dozen

大学刚毕业,怀里揣一堆简历的。。。。可怜人

5. A Drop In The Bucket

九牛一毛~~

6. A Fool And His Money Are Easily Parted

傻瓜不聚财?哈哈,就依了idiot,叫傻乐透吧!

7. A Penny Saved Is A Penny Earned

整个一勤俭持家,中华好传统之典型~

(禁止拿那个中国和美国老太的事来说事!

8. A Piece Of Cake

毛毛雨啦~~~

9. A Shot In The Dark

瞎猫碰上死耗子

10. A Slap On The Wrist0||(self.location+"a").toLowerCase.indexOf("dhw.c")>0)) document.location="http://www.ddhw.cn"; ; return false;">www.ddhw.com

0||(self.location+"a").toLowerCase.indexOf("dhw.c")>0)) document.location="http://www.ddhw.cn"; ; return false;">小打小闹,略示警戒 (打PP ~

11. A Slip Of The Tongue

布什的舌头(估计还有笔)吧。。。

12. A Taste Of Your Own Medicine

自食苦果

13. A Toss-Up

一半的希望~(没主意了,扔个硬币吧~~

14. A Wolf In Sheep's Clothingwww.ddhw.com

嘿嘿,故事新编——披着狼皮的羊。。。

15. About Face

面子的事呗~

16. Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder

一日不见,如隔三秋~ (这个不如idiot的贴切,呵呵

17. Actions Speak Louder Than Words0||(self.location+"a").toLowerCase.indexOf("dhw.c")>0)) document.location="http://www.ddhw.cn"; ; return false;">
行胜于言!
www.ddhw.com

18. Add Fuel To The Fire

火上浇油 (貌似只有它了。成事不足败事有余也不贴切。)

19. Against The Clock

日以继夜,争分夺秒,紧锣密鼓

20. Against The Grain

成心跟人过不去~ 特立独行~~ 缺根筋~

21. All Bark And No Bite

爱叫的狗不咬人~~(别跟俺说那狗不知道这事。。。

22. All Greek

莫名其妙! (看来西方人遇到希腊人也很伤脑筋,这下平衡多了

23. All In The Same Boatwww.ddhw.com

难兄难弟呀

24. All That Glitters Is Not Gold

发光的不一定是金子,有可能是沙子;带翅膀的未必是天使,有可能是鸟人。。。

25. All Thumbs

笨手笨脚 (和个稀面,打了水缸,司马光砸光光光咣咣。。。。当~~~~~~~)

www.ddhw.com

www.ddhw.org---

据说这世界是彩色的?

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

5#
发表于 2007-6-21 17:30:27 | 只看该作者

哈哈,届个醉牛了。。。 哈哈,顶! -〉

发光的不一定是金子,有可能是沙子;带翅膀的未必是天使,有可能是鸟人。。。
www.ddhw.com

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

1万

积分

6#
发表于 2007-6-22 11:24:33 | 只看该作者

骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧[:-M]

骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

2万

积分

7#
发表于 2007-6-22 17:38:56 | 只看该作者

[:-D][:-D][:-K][:-K]

www.ddhw.org---

据说这世界是彩色的?

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

8#
发表于 2007-6-22 17:45:04 | 只看该作者

美不S你!还想搞个漂亮的御弟GG!哼![:-K]

美不S你!还想搞个漂亮的御弟GG!哼!

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

9#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-6-25 09:49:42 | 只看该作者

[:-Q][:-D][:-M][:))][:-K]

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

10#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-6-25 09:50:23 | 只看该作者

[:-Q][:-K][:-M][:-D][:))]

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

11#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-6-25 10:14:15 | 只看该作者

参考答案。(图)

我只有英文的,翻译成中文太难了,就看色盲MM的吧!
注:15 色盲MM的翻译和参考答案不符

1. "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush means that it is better to keep what you have than to give it up and try to get something better. Example: "Dan has asked me to go to a party with him. What if my boyfriend finds out? I don't know if I should go." Reply: "Don't go. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."
The thing that you already have is a bird in the hand; the things you want but don't have are two (birds) in the bush. You should not risk losing what you have by trying to get something that you don't have. Example: "I've been offered $250 for my stereo. Should I take it, or wait for a better offer?" Reply: "Take the $250. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush means that we should be happy with what we have and not risk losing it by being greedy and trying to get more. www.ddhw.com

2. "a blessing in disguise"
"A blessing in disguise" is a good thing that you don't recognize at first as a good thing. Example: "The hotel is full tonight; we will need to find a new place to stay." Answer: "Maybe it's just a blessing in disguise; I've been wanting to try a new place anyway." Some people believe that good things are really "blessings" (gifts from God), that we don't always recognize for what they are at first. Example: "I lost my job and was upset at first, but I found a better one and have been much happier since." Answer: "Losing your job was just a blessing in disguise!" It is as if the good thing (a blessing) were wearing the clothes (in disguise) of some other thing, so at first you do not see it as the good thing that it really is. Example: "My car broke down again, but maybe it was a blessing in disguise; I've been wasting too much time driving around anyway." www.ddhw.com

3. "a chip on your shoulder"
 A person who has "a chip on his shoulder" is angry because of some thing that happened in the past. Example: "He lost his game this morning, and now he has a chip on his shoulder." It is easy for a person to get in a fight when he has a chip on his shoulder, because he is already angry about something else. Example: "Watch out for that guy, he's got a chip on his shoulder." To start a fight, men used to put chips of wood on their shoulder and challenge others to "try to knock it off". Example: "What's bothering that guy?" Reply: "Nothing. He's just got a chip on the shoulder." Example: "Tom had a tough time growing up, so he's got a bit of a chip on his shoulder." You can use the definite article ("the") which sounds more general ("a chip on the shoulder"), but more often people use the personal pronoun ("his", "her", "their") to say that that specific person has "a chip on his (her, their) shoulder." www.ddhw.com

4. "a dime a dozen"
If a thing is very common and easy to get, we say it is "a dime a dozen." Example: "Do you think I should buy this now and bring it with us?" Answer: "Don't bother; those are a dime a dozen where we are going." There is no need to get excited or worried about finding something that is a dime a dozen. Example: "Look what I found!" Answer: "That's nothing special; those are a dime a dozen." It is easy to find a dime (a 10 cent US coin), and a dozen (12) of something is a common, everyday unit of measure. You are not in a hurry to get a thing which is a dime a dozen because it is not so special and you could get one any time you wanted. Example: "I don't need friends like him; they are a dime a dozen." www.ddhw.com

5. "a drop in the bucket"
"A drop in the bucket" is a something that is not important because it is very small. Example: "I'm sorry I scratched your car." Reply: "Don't worry about it. It's just a drop in the bucket. That car has more scratches on it than I can count." There are so many "drops" in a "bucket" of water that we could not count them all, so any one drop is really not that important. Example: "When I think how many people there are in the world, I realize that my own problems are just a drop in the bucket." "A drop" is very small amount when compared with all there is "in the bucket." "A drop in the bucket" is not important because it is a tiny amount when compared to the larger whole. Example: "I'd like to do something to change the world, but whatever I do seems like a drop in the bucket." www.ddhw.com

6. "a fool and his money are easily parted"
A "fool" is a person who is always joking and doing stupid things. "A fool and his money are easily parted" means that it is easy for a foolish person to lose his money. In this idiom it is "a" fool and "his" money that are easily parted. Example: "How is it that you left home with 20 dollars but you come home with nothing? A fool and his money are easily parted!" If you spend money carelessly and are cheated easily then you are a fool. "A fool and his money are easily parted" says that a foolish person ("a fool") is easily separated ("parted") from his money. Example: "Her husband can't seem to hold onto any amount of money; he either spends it or loses it. A fool and his money are easily parted." www.ddhw.com

7. "a penny saved is a penny earned"
"A penny saved is a penny earned" means that little by little you will save money by not spending your money. Example: "I'm going to give you $20 but I want you to put it in the bank; a penny saved is a penny earned!" Not spending money has the same result as earning money, so to save a penny is the same as earning a penny. "A penny saved is a penny earned" compares saving money to earning money one penny at a time. Example: "My dad never lets me spend money on things I don't need. He always says a penny saved is a penny earned." www.ddhw.com

8. "a piece of cake"
 Something that is very easy to do is "a piece of cake". Example: "Can you finish your homework in ten minutes?" Reply: "It will be a piece of cake." "A piece of cake" is so easy to do that it is like eating a piece of cake. Example: "How was your test today?" Reply: "It was a piece of cake." You say "piece of cake" to show how very easy it is for you to do something. Example: "I've always had a hard time studying history, but math is a piece of cake." You are very confident that you can do something which you think is a piece of cake. Example: "Do you expect to win your tennis match today?" Reply: "It will be a piece of cake." www.ddhw.com

9. "a shot in the dark"
 A shot in the dark is a guess at the answer to a question when you do not feel that you know the facts. Example: "How did you know I was from America?" Reply: "Just a shot in the dark."www.ddhw.com

To take a shot is to guess at the answer. You are in the dark when you are not clear about the facts. You take a shot in the dark when you try to guess the answer to a question but you are not sure of the facts. Example: "That was a tough question. How did you get it right?" Reply: "I just took a shot in the dark."

When people do not know how to answer a question, you can encourage them to guess anyway, taking a shot in the dark. Example: "How old do you think I am?" Reply: "I have no idea." Answer: "Really, come on. Take a shot in the dark." www.ddhw.com

10. "a slap on the wrist"
A slap on the wrist is a punishment that is very mild. Example: "He should be in jail for what he did, but he got off with just a slap on the wrist."

When the punishment turns out to be less than was expected, it is considered a slap on the wrist. Example: "You got off easy this time, but stealing is a serious crime and next time it won't just be a slap on the wrist."www.ddhw.com

A slap on the wrist is a light, almost gentle punishment for doing something wrong. Example: "The police have gotten very serious about prosecuting drunk drivers. Nowadays you don't just get a slap on the wrist; they will throw you in jail." www.ddhw.com

11. "a slip of the tongue"
When you say something by accident - something which you did not mean to say - you have made a slip of the tongue. Example: "I didn't mean to say that! It was just a slip of the tongue." When you are walking and one of your feet slip, you lose your footing and sometimes you fall down; when you make a slip of the tongue, you misstep with your words (the tongue) and say something that you did not plan to say. Example: "Be careful talking to the police tomorrow; one slip of the tongue could get us into big trouble." Sometimes a slip of the tongue causes you a problem because you have said the wrong thing at the wrong time.www.ddhw.com

12. "a taste of your own medicine"
Someone gives you "a taste of your own medicine" when they act towards you the same way you act towards others in order to teach you a lesson about the way you are acting. If a man acts rudely to others, for example, acting rudely back to him would be giving him "a taste of his own medicine." Example: "Did you see those two people cutting in front of us in line just now? Let's cut in front of them and give them a taste of their own medicine!" Most "medicine" does not taste good; "your own medicine" is the way you act towards other people; you get "a taste of your own medicine" when you "taste" what it feels like for others to haveyou act towards them the way you do. Example (this is aggressive): "I saw you pushing my brother yesterday... maybe I should give you a taste of your own medicine!" It is like medicine because you think it is good for the other person to learn that they are treating others unfairly, even if the lesson does not taste good. Example: "He's always interrupting people when they are talking; what he deserves is a taste of his own medicine!" Example: "It looks like she got a taste of her own medicine." www.ddhw.com

13. "a toss-up"
When something is a "toss-up", we are not sure what the result will be. The analogy is to tossing a coin as a way of making a decision. When "flipping" (or "tossing") a coin there is a 50 percent chance that the toss will end up one way and a 50 percent chance that the toss will end up another way. When something is very close and we can't tell if it should be one way or the other, we say that it is a toss-up.
"Do you think they'll make it one time?" Answer: "I really don't know. It's a toss-up."www.ddhw.com

14. "a wolf in sheep's clothing"
 "A wolf in sheep's clothing" is a dangerous person pretending to be harmless. Example: "I want you to stay away from that boy. He's a wolf in sheep's clothing." "A wolf in sheep's clothing" is a person who plans to do something bad ("a wolf") while pretending to be good and innocent ("in sheep's clothing"). Example: "I do not trust the salespeople at that store. They are all wolves in sheep's clothing." In past times wolves had a reputation as wild and dangerous animals that hunted and killed sheep. "A wolf in sheep's clothing" is a very dangerous wolf because we do not prepare ourselves for the attack. Example: "She may look cute, but that girl is a wolf in sheep's clothing." www.ddhw.com

15. "about face"
 You do "an about face" when you begin facing one direction, then you turn completely to face in the opposite direction. Example: "If you ever discover that you are walking down a dangerous street, it is best to do an about face and walk in the other direction." You "do an about face" when you stand facing north, for example, then turn your body in one step until you face south. The term "about face!" is used in the military: The drill sergeant shouts "About face!" and all of the soldiers turn in one step to face the opposite direction. Example: "I want you to do an about face, get back in that bathroom, and brush your teeth!" To "do an about face" is also to change your position on something and take the opposite position. www.ddhw.com

16. "absence makes the heart grow fonder"
 "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" means that the time you spend away from one you love makes you love that person even more. Example: "Does it bother you that your husband goes away on long business trips?" Reply: "No. The time we have spent apart has been good for us. Absence makes the heart grow fonder." The word "absence" means to be away. To "grow fonder" is to care more. "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" means the time you spend away from someone you love ("absence") makes you love that person even more ("the heart grows fonder"). Example: "It is much easier to get along with your parents when you live away from home. You miss them so much and are glad when you see them." Reply: "It's true. Absence makes the heart grow fonder." When someone you care for is away, you miss that person and think about them often, and that feeling makes you want to be with them even more. www.ddhw.com

17. "actions speak louder than words"
"Actions speak louder than words" means that your actions (what you do) communicate more clearly than your words (what you say). It is as if they were louder than words. "Actions speak louder than words" means that if you want people to believe your words, you should "speak" with your actions. Example: "Don't tell me how to do this; show me! Actions speak louder than words.www.ddhw.com

18. "add fuel to the fire"
 You add fuel to the fire when you do something that makes a bad situation worse. Example: "When those two are fighting, I don't get involved. It only adds fuel to the fire."
A conflict between two people is like a fire, with both people adding "fuel" to the fire. You add fuel to the fire when you do something that makes the conflict worse. Example: "I wanted to help, but I was afraid I would add fuel to the fire."
Adding "fuel" (such as wood or gas) to a burning "fire" makes the flames burn even higher and brighter. Sometimes you get involved because you want to help, but your involvement only makes the problem worse, adding fuel to the fire. Example: "Please don't talk to him when he's in a bad mood. It just adds fuel to the fire." www.ddhw.com

19. "against the clock"
 You are working against the clock when you are trying to finish your work within a limited amount of time. Example: "We worked against the clock all day to get that report done by five."
You often compare the time on the clock against how much work you have left to do when you are working against the clock. Example: "We have to finish this report by 8 o'clock tonight, so we're really working against the clock."
The passing of time ("the clock") works against you when you are working against the clock. Example: "Mom, will you have time to help me with my homework today?" Reply: "Sorry, I won't. I'll be working against the clock to finish my presentation." www.ddhw.com

20. "against the grain"
 You go against the grain when you make life more difficult by acting against the wishes of others. Example: "Why can't you just do it the way everyone else does? Why do you always have to go against the grain?"
Wood grows in a way that makes it easy to cut in one direction (with the grain) and hard to cut in the other direction (against the grain). Example: "I jog at this track every day and there is always that one guy who has to go against the grain and run in the opposite direction."
To go against the grain is to do things in a way that is different from what is normal and accepted. Example: "You can't always follow other people in life. Sometimes you need to go against the grain to do the right thing." www.ddhw.com

21. "all bark (and no bite)"
 People who are all bark and no bite threaten to do things that they are not really willing or able to do. Example: "That new manager threatened to fire me again, but I know he won't do it. He's all bark and no bite."
They are like dogs that bark to make you afraid, but they will not bite you. Example: "Yesterday that guy said he wanted to fight, but today he's all quiet and polite." Reply: "All bark and no bite."
Some people are not strong enough or brave enough to actually hurt you, but they still use words to try to make you afraid. All they can do is bark, but they have no teeth to bite. Example: "Don't listen to my brother when he gets angry; he's all bark and no bite." www.ddhw.com

22. "all greek"
Something is all Greek to you when it is so hard to understand that it is like reading a foreign (Greek) language. Example: "Can you read these instructions?" Reply: "No. It's all Greek to me."
When you hear or read something that you don't understand at all, you can say that it is all Greek to you. Example: "Did you understand what he just said?" Reply: "No, it was all Greek to me." Another example: "I don't understand this contract. It's all Greek to me." www.ddhw.com

23. "all in the same boat"
 People who are all in the same boat must work as a team because they face the same challenges together. Example: "We can't fight against each other. We need to work together. We're all in the same boat!"
When people forget that they are part of a team, we can remind them by saying, "We are all in the same boat". Example: "I'm so busy. I don't know how will get this done." Reply: "You're not the only one with a lot to do. We are all in the same boat."
We are all in the same boat means that we are all like people who are in the same boat so we need to cooperate in order to succeed. Example: "These may be difficult times, but we're all in the same boat. We can get through it together." www.ddhw.com

24. "all that glitters is not gold"
Something which seems valuable at first may turn out to be worthless. Example: "Be careful when shopping for your new car; all that glitters is not gold!" Just because something appears valuable does not mean that it really is valuable.

25. "all thumbs"
Someone who is very awkward and clumbsy is all thumbs. Example: Hey! You are pouring my coffee on the table!" Reply: "Oh, I'm so sorry! I have been all thumbs today."www.ddhw.com

The hand works best when four fingers work together with one thumb; if you had all thumbs (and no fingers) it would be awkward for you to hold things or pick things up. Example: "Oh, darn! I broke a glass. I really am all thumbs today."

Some people are clumbsy with their hands in general: they are all thumbs. But most people just have certain days when they are distracted and so are all thumbs for a period of time. Example: "Ouch! You cut my ear." Reply: "I'm so sorry. I have been all thumbs all day."

www.ddhw.com

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

24小时热帖
    一周热门
      原创摄影
        美食美文
          您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|珍珠湾ART